The research database I want to use (EBSCO, ProQuest, JSTOR, etc.) is not working. What is going on?
Could be a variety of things related to the database or your computer. There are a number of troubleshooting tricks you can test/try.
- Try reloading the page. If still no joy, see if other databases are working to determine if the one you want might be down. If it is, please report it to us!
- Switch browsers and start fresh.
- Clear your browsers cache/history and start fresh. Some browsers (Chrome especially) can store old sessions and cause problems occasionally.
- Make sure your browser is set to accept cookies.
- If using antivirus software, check to make sure it is not blocking cookies.
- Last resort...try another computer, preferably on another network. If you are using a work computer in a highly secure environment, it may block random areas of the library.
Please contact us if you experience continued frustrations.